What to Expect from your Custom Tattoo Contest:
- Guaranteed 10 unique custom tattoo designs from each contest (see our Money Back Guarantee for full details)
- Unlike picking a design from an eBook or website, your design will be 100% unique
- YOU own all the rights to the winning design
- A great experience and exceptional tattoo artists
- A community that is here to answer all your questions
- An easy to use website that walks you through the process from start to finish
- Share your tattoo design entries with friends and get their feedback
- Contest lasts for 14 days
How to Host a Successful Custom Tattoo Contest:
- Be as specific and detailed as possible in the contest description
- Set the prize value as high as possible to attract more artists and entries
- Provide feedback on every design entry. This helps artists give you exactly what you want.
- Be polite to the artists, each tattoo design can represent hours of hard work
- The more feedback and updates you provide, the better the results will be
- Pick the winning design within 7 business days
Only One Tattoo Design at a time:
To keep things simple we limit one custom tattoo design per contest.
Creating a Contest:
The more clear and descriptive you are in your contest description the easier it will be for the artists to create the perfect tattoo design. It is also critical for attracting lots of artists. If the description is vague artists will hesitate to invest hours on a design only to be told it is not what you were looking for. So, be as clear and specific as possible.
In the last setup of the contest creation you will be asked to post a prize for your contest. There are no additional fees associated with posting a contest. We currently accept Paypal and all major credit cards.
How to price your contest:
We provide you with guidelines for how to properly price your contest. The key thing to remember is that the higher the prize the more artists you will likely attract. We also recommend looking through other contests to see what type of pricing is currently drawing a large number of artists.
Providing Feedback to Artists:
As Artists submit designs you have the ability to rate and comment on each design and on the contest as a whole. This feedback is critical to the success of a contest. Often artists will be happy to tweak a design if you ask them. Please remember to be polite and appreciative to the artists. It is common for an artist to spend hours on a design. We often see that the contests holders that provide constructive feedback throughout the contest get a much higher number of entries.
Get your Friends Involved:
Having a hard time picking a winning design? Why not ask your friends. The “share this” button at the bottom of every page allows you to quickly email a link to a friend.
Picking a Winner:
In return for posting a prize* we guarantee that you will receive a minimum of 10 unique tattoo designs. At the completion of the contest you have 7 days to pick a winning design. Once you pick the winner you will be provided with a custom legal agreement that documents the transfer of rights to the custom tattoo design. Once the tattoo design is transferred CreateMyTattoo will release the prize money to the winning artist. Please be sure to specify the file format in which you would like the final design.
Canceling a Contest:
We kindly ask that customers be 100% certain they are committed to getting a design before starting a tattoo design request. An enormous amount of time and effort goes into each design. There is a $10.00 cancellation fee to remove a design request, contact the artists and issue the refund. The request must come before any designs are submitted. Once a design is submitted we can not close a design request out of respect for the artists that have already invested time.
Money Back Guarantee:
We offer a full 100% money back guarantee on all contests. If you run a custom tattoo design contest and don’t receive at least 10 unique designs and find a single design you’re 100% happy with, simply contact us within 7 days from the time your contest closed and we’ll give you all your money back. Please remember, if you choose to initiate a refund against your contest, you are not legally allowed to use any of the tattoo designs submitted to your contest.
For a contest to be eligible for the guarantee it must meet the following requirements:
- Contest prize must meet or exceed our suggested prize value (suggested prize value is provided in the contest creation process).
- Contest holder must actively participate in the contest. This includes:
a) Providing feedback to the artists on a minimum of 70% of the entries throughout the contest
b) Giving each design a star rating
c) Answering all artists' design related questions
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund. The determination to deny a refund is final and conclusive and may not be challenged by the customer.